Module 4 covers Electronic Fundamentals including Semiconductors, Diodes, Transistors, IC, Printed Circuit Boards PCB. Servomechanisms, Principles of Synchronic Operation. Inductance & Capacitance Transmitters. Construction operation and use of the following synchronic system components
Detailed Content / Topics – The following Subjects will be addressed -
– Diode symbols;
– Diode characteristics and properties;
– Diodes in series and parallel;
– Main characteristics and use of silicon controlled rectifiers (thyristors), light emitting diode, photo conductive diode, varistor, rectifier diodes;
– Functional testing of diodes;
– Materials, electron configuration, electrical properties;
– P and N type materials: effects of impurities on conduction, majority and minority characters;
– PN junction in a semiconductor, development of a potential across a PN junction in unbiased, forward biased and reverse biased conditions;
– Diode parameters: peak inverse voltage, maximum forward current, temperature, frequency, leakage current, power dissipation;
– Operation and function of diodes in the following circuits: clippers, clampers, full and half wave rectifiers, bridge rectifiers, voltage doublers and triplers;
– Detailed operation and characteristics of the following devices: silicon controlled rectifier (thyristor), light emitting diode, Shottky diode, photoconductive diode, varactor diode, varistor, rectifier diodes, Zener diode.
– Transistor symbols;
– Component description and orientation;
– Transistor characteristics and properties;
– Construction and operation of PNP and NPN transistors;
– Base, collector and emitter configurations;
– Testing of transistors;
– Basic appreciation of other transistor types and their uses;
– Application of transistors: classes of amplifier (A, B, C);
– Simple circuits including: bias, decoupling, feedback and stabilisation;
– Multistage circuit principles: cascades, push-pull, oscillators, multivibrators, flip-flop circuits.
1.3. Integrated Circuits
– Description and operation of logic circuits and linear circuits and operational amplifiers;
– Description and operation of logic circuits and linear circuits;
– Introduction to operation and function of an operational amplifier used as: integrator, differentiator, voltage follower, comparator;
– Operation and amplifier stages connecting methods: resistive capacitive, inductive (transformer), inductive resistive (IR), direct;
– Advantages and disadvantages of positive and negative feedback.
2. Printed Circuit Boards
– Description and use of printed circuit boards.
– Understanding of the following terms: open and closed loop systems, feedback, follow up, analogue transducers;
– Principles of operation and use of the following synchro system components and features: resolvers, differential, control and torque, transformers, inductance and capacitance transmitters;
– Understanding of the following terms: open and closed loop, follow up, servomechanism, analogue, transducer, null, damping, feedback, dead band;
– Construction operation and use of the following synchro system components: resolvers, differential, control and torque, E and I transformers, inductance transmitters, capacitance transmitters, synchronous transmitters; Servo mechanism defects, reversal of synchro leads, hunting.
Electrical Fundamentals - Module 4 Training
This training is being provided online